Monday, May 13, 2013

Me- Made -May-'13 Week One

I have decided to join the memademay'13 challenge this year as I am one of those sewers (probably one of many) who makes up all of these fab outfits and never wears them! Why is that I wonder? Most likely because I find some gorgeous fabric and gorgeous dress pattern, fantasise about how fantastic it is going to look (and how great I am going to look in it), sew it up and then realise I have no where to wear it. But why not wear them every day? Having a challenge like this is forcing me to be creative with the outfits I have sewn. Why not wear a gorgeous evening dress and make it a bit more "day like" with a denim jacket or knitted cardy. 

I have pledged to wear or sew something every day in May. I've decided that my kids can be involved too because I have sewn a lot of clothes for them.

I started a little late into May but have been adding pics to Nine Stitches on Instagram whenever I can. Here are a few shots from the past week at home (mostly in the kitchen)



From top left clockwise: Joni Bell Sleeve Top, Capelet (yet to blog about) free pattern coming soon!
Bat Boy Cape, a Beanie my mum made for me, Shift dress from Burdastyle
Modern Vintage sewing competition and finally Petal pushers.

Pictures can also be viewed at Nine Stitches on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment