Saturday, June 7, 2014

Staple Dress for Perfect Pattern Parcel 3

This little number is part of a fun project called Perfect Pattern Parcel.


I was kindly asked if I would participate and how could I say no as it supports Indy designers and raises funds for children's education. Win Win!


I chose the Staple dress because it looked more my style than any of the other patterns. I chose the "mullet" hem rather than the straight hem as I think it adds a little more interest to the dress.



 The dress is super easy to sew and very quick to sew as well. I whipped it up in an afternoon. I can't even remember where I found the fabric but I think it was a Spotlight bargain and is a japanese cotton voile. Perfect weight for this type of dress.



The photos were taken this weekend in Robe, South Australia. We are here on a holiday as it is a long weekend in Australia (celebrating the Queens birthday).


The dress has a shirred waistline. I added three rows of stitching. This is easy so don't be afraid. 
The pattern has great photos included so you can't go wrong.


 I also added a bit of broderie anglaise lace to the hemline as I thought it needed a bit of something special.


Robe is full of history and a perfect location for a photo shoot.


I hope you can support this project and enjoy your sewing.


Here is a little background from Perfect Pattern Parcel:

Here at Perfect Pattern Parcel, we believe in supporting independent pattern designers. It’s our opinion that indie patterns are just, well, better than big box patterns, and we’re pretty sure our customers think so too. So, we allow customers to show their support in naming their own price for each Parcel. We also encourage customers to allocate part of their Parcel price to the charity Donorschoose.org in order to help classrooms in need. Pattern Parcel donates all profits after expenses from Parcel sales to the charity as well. Together we've raised almost $4,500 towards eliminating educational inequality.

The Pattern Parcel Number 3 includes

Poppy Tunic by Make it Perfect 
Water Bottle Tote by Radiant Home Studio 
Jorna Tank Dress by Jenna Brand 
Staple Dress by April Rhodes 
Bombshell Swimsuit by Closet Case Files

Bonus Pattern: Choose a price of $28 or greater for Parcel #3 and you will automatically also be sent the Bonus Pattern! The Bonus Pattern for this Parcel is Prefontaine Shorts for Women by Made with Moxie. This shorts pattern has a retro trim, loads of pockets, two inseams and are so comfortable you won't want to take them off. Includes sizes 0 - 24. Exclusive launch on Pattern Parcel. Be the first to own this pattern! 



5 comments:

  1. I agree, that fabric is just right for a Staple dress. I especially love the lace hem. And that you called it a mullet hem. I'm calling it that from here on out.

    Thanks for sewing and sharing. I hope your holiday was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill. It was a great project to work on.

      Delete
  2. This looks awesome! I like the hem detail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this version of the staple dress. The lace! I may need to copy that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that dress with the modern shape and lace hem. It is perfect with the boots, too.

    ReplyDelete